Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Smile!

My wife and I are in the process of taking our first family vacation. And in doing so we needed to get passports for our two kids.
When our seven year old was having her picture taken she was asked NOT to smile. Something we as adults have become accustomed to whenever getting our drivers license or passports done, but an unusual request to a child.
When asked WHY she wasn't suppose to smile, the photographer said, "It's so they can see what you really look like."
Although I have heard that before, it suddenly struck me as odd. So THIS is what I really look like? But...I look sad. Or mad. Or just out of prison. That's not me. I'm a happy person who has spent my life in a career trying to make people smile, and laugh.
So...why can't we all crack the biggest smile we can and say THIS is what I really look like?
ALL of us!! Would we become a society of happy people? Imagine the horror!!

Next...I have to explain to the kids why we have to take our shoes off going through customs.
B

1 comment:

  1. So true. That would be a wonderful world, wouldn't it? I'll smile at a random person tomorrow, and think of you.

    ReplyDelete