Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Perspective

It's easy to let the stress of our days as responsible adults bog us down.
I'm in the process of launching a successful start-up business and dealing with the ebb and flow of both personal and business finances, incredible deadlines, very long work hours that deny me the time I wish I could spend with my family, pressure to deliver, planning for our company's growth while keeping an eye on my blood pressure...on top of keeping up with the needs of our kids at home and striving to provide for them while instilling the right life values. Geez, that's a lot!
So when my wife calls me in tears I stop working and prepare to deal with whatever the issue is.

In this case it was the report card of our grade one daughter. But the tears...were of joy.

"She is a role model of kindness and empathy to others".

All is right in the world.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment